KALRO gives avocado farmers reason to smile with the launch of new mobile app
KALRO Avocado Varieties
They include legume seeds, sweet potato vines, cassava cuttings and brachiaria splits, which are hard to find in local agrovets. Quality seeds are a prerequisite for achieving higher yields
KALRO certified seeds
"Hardy meat goats with potential for milk production. Does can reach 45kgs liveweight and bucks 60kgs. Capable of producing 1 litre of milk per day."
Dairy and Beef farming
Green gram (Vigna radiata) belonging to the Fabaceae family is an annual leguminous crop which is grown for its seeds, which are a high source of nutrients.
Green Gram Production
Camel Research and development in Kenya
For camels there are no organic guidelines and regulation, however the organic principles should be respected, kept and practiced.
KEMFRI Fishery Aquaculture
Aquaculture: Pathway to food security in Kenya...by Andrew Marriott and Odipo Osano
Sorghum is an important food crop in many parts of Kenya, providing livelihoods to more than 3 million people. It is rich in calories, has vitamin B and essential amino-acids.
• Roasted ground sorghum flour
• Milk (if desired)
• Sugar to taste
1. Sort and clean the sorghum grain.
2. Roast until golden brown (without burning).
3. Grind size No.4 using coffee grinder or traditional grinding stone.
4. Boil water, add 3 tablespoons of roasted ground flour.
5. Let it boil until golden brown.
6. Add milk and let it boil.
7. Sieve and keep the residues.8. Serve the beverage hot