KALRO gives avocado farmers reason to smile with the launch of new mobile app

KALRO Avocado Varieties

They include legume seeds, sweet potato vines, cassava cuttings and brachiaria splits, which are hard to find in local agrovets. Quality seeds are a prerequisite for achieving higher yields

KALRO certified seeds

"Hardy meat goats with potential for milk production. Does can reach 45kgs liveweight and bucks 60kgs. Capable of producing 1 litre of milk per day."

Dairy and Beef farming

Green gram (Vigna radiata) belonging to the Fabaceae family is an annual leguminous crop which is grown for its seeds, which are a high source of nutrients.

Green Gram Production

Camel Research and development in Kenya

For camels there are no organic guidelines and regulation, however the organic principles should be respected, kept and practiced.

KEMFRI Fishery Aquaculture

Aquaculture: Pathway to food security in Kenya...by Andrew Marriott and Odipo Osano

Arrow
Arrow
Slider

Climate Smart Grass Varieties

Design

John Deo

2016-06-16

View Project


Livestock  contributes  about  30%  of  the  agricultural  gross  domestic  product  (GDP)  and  up  to 10% of Kenya’s total GDP. About 40% of the total labour force inthe  agricultural  sector  is employed in livestock production.Over 70% of all the livestock in the country are found in the arid  and  semi-arid  lands  (ASALs)  and  the  sub-sector  employ  90%  of  population  (7  million people)  who  live  in  these  regions  and  contribute  95%  of  their  income  and  livelihoods.  In  the humid  and  sub-humid areas where  80%  of  smallholder  crop-livestock  farmers  are  located, livestock   are   source   of   cash,   provide   milk,   meat,   manure   and   draught   power   in   crop production.